WEAR MY BABY BOUTIQUE
HIRE SERVICE TERMS & CONDITIONS
We want all parents to get the chance to use and enjoy our carriers safely, so when you hire a carrier from us we’ll ask that you read and agree to our Terms and Conditions as presented here online. We update our Terms and Conditions periodically.
These Terms and Conditions refer only to the hiring service at the Wear My Baby Boutique, 58 Upper Tooting Road, London, SW17 7PB, UK.
If you need any further explanation or help, please contact us at email@example.com or by phone on 0345 222 9004.
Wear My Baby Ltd. Sling Hire Service Terms and Conditions:
- Personal details
- Your details will only be used to contact you in relation to your hire. You may be asked to confirm if you also wish to be kept up to date with other Wear My Baby news, updates and promotions.
- For each carrier you hire you must submit your full name, postal address, email address, mobile telephone number. All details must be current and accurate.
- Credit/debit card pre-authorisation and deposits
- In order to hire a carrier, your credit or debit card will be pre-authorised to guarantee that funds are available to cover the full value of the carrier in case of loss, damage or non-return; and/or late fees up to the full value of the carrier.
- A pre-authorisation is a temporary hold of a specific amount of the available balance on a credit/debit card. When a pre-authorisation is taken – even though it may show on a bank statement (as a pending transaction) – no charge has been taken.
- Worldpay Merchant Services (www.worldpay.co.uk/uk, alongside your own bank, are responsible for the maintenance and management of the pre-authorisation process. Wear My Baby does not hold or have access to your credit/debit card details and we cannot 'release' funds back into your account; releasing funds is the responsibility of your bank or card provider. These details encrypted and stored by Worldpay. Should you have any bank processing related queries, please contact your own bank or debit/credit card provider or WorldPay at www.worldpay.com/uk.
- If we receive the carrier back on or before the return date, in as-seen condition, with any accessories and without marks or damage, the on-hold amount not be debited from your account and your encrypted card details will be removed from WorldPay’s encrypted systems. This process takes 7-28 days.
- If we receive the carrier back after the return date, and/or the carrier has been marked or damaged, fees will be owed and payable upon return of the carrier. If you are not present, it may be possible to charge fees to your card using the same authorisation code obtained previously. This will effectively cancel the hold amount and request the final agreed amount, which will be automatically charged to your credit or debit card. Where possible, we will endeavour to notify you in person, via telephone, or via email, before any such charges are made. Your encrypted card details will then be removed from WorldPay’s systems.
- As with all banking transactions, any charges may take up to 28 days to process with your bank. However, we have found that they usually complete within 72 hours of the complete amount being taken. (Banking Hours - Mon – Fri from 9am till 5 pm). During the clearing process, your bank and statement may not have updated itself as yet. In these occasions, it is asked that you remain patient and let the transactions clear within the banking system.
- We understand you may be concerned about pre-authorising a credit/ debit card. Assurance can be given that Wear My Baby and WorldPay are compliant with regards to debit/ credit card security and have strict systems and procedures in place to ensure your data is kept secure. If you do not wish to pre-authorise a card you will be required to pay a fully refundable deposit of the full value of the carrier to cover any late fees, damage, loss or non-return.
- Instructions and contact details
- Once hire fees have been paid and your credit/debit card pre-authorisation given (or deposit paid), you will be given the hired carriers.
- An email will be sent to you within 24 hours or hiring the carriers, containing
- A link to online instructions
- A reminder of the return date
- A link to these terms and conditions
- Wear My Baby’s contact details
- Hire Cost and Duration
- Wear My Baby’s hire service enables customers to try carriers before they purchase from us.
- The standard hire period is 1 week.
- Subject to availability and at our discretion, you may arrange to borrow carriers for a 14, 21 or 28 day period.
- All carriers are hired out subject to availability, condition and suitability. If you wish to hire a specific carrier then we suggest contacting us in advance to check availability.
- We cannot guarantee which colours or designs of any particular carrier are available.
- Hire fees are £12 for the first week (or part week) and £6 for any additional weeks (or part weeks), up to a total maximum hire period of 4 weeks.
- Subject to availability up to 4 carriers may be hired at one time. This may be limited to no more than 1 of each carrier type depending on demand and availability. Once a carrier is returned another hire may be made.
- Extensions and Late Fees
- You are responsible for ensuring a carrier is returned to us by closing time at the Wear My Baby Boutique on the return date. Please note that opening hours at the Wear My Baby Boutique vary, so please ensure you check our website for opening hours on the day you plan to return the carrier to us.
- Carriers must be returned in person to the Wear My Baby Boutique during our opening hours and handed to a member of the team in person, along with the name and email address of the hirer, and your Hire Reference Number(s)
- If you are not able to return the carrier to us in person by the due date:
Arrange an extension. We understand that life with babies and small children does not always go to plan. If you can’t return to the carrier to us by the due date and need to arrange a hire extension, do let us know as soon as you can via phone or email. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org speak to us on 0345 222 9004 not later than 3pm on the return date and request to extend your hire at a cost of £6 per week, for either 1, 2 or 3 weeks (7,14 or 21 days), up to a total hire period of no longer than 28 days. Total hire periods of longer than 28 days, including any extensions, are possible in only exceptional circumstances, subject to availability and at the discretion of Wear My Baby.
Late Fees will be accrued. If your carrier returned late without having arranged an extension, you will accrue late fees of £3 per day per item until the carrier is returned to us. Accrued late fees due will be due upon return of the carrier, or charged to your pre-authorised card upon classification as a Non-Return (see below).
4. We may notify you via email, telephone or text message that your hires are late and that fees are being accrued. But please remember that return of carriers in a timely fashion, and payment of any late or associated fees, remains the sole responsibility of the hirer.
- Damage to carriers
- Charges for soiling, marks, odours (especially smoke or damp) aesthetic or structural damage to carriers hired will be judged on a case by case basis, at the discretion of Wear My Baby, and charged to your pre-authorised credit/debit card. We will take into account any cleaning or professional services required. Charges for lost accessories or components will be equal to replacement cost (including any postage costs).
- If Wear My Baby deems that the carrier is no longer in a hireable condition, the full replacement cost (usually RRP) of the carrier will be charged.
- Non-returned carriers
- If your carrier is lost, or not received by us within 28 days of the return date, your hire will be classed as a Non-Return and the full cost of the carrier will be charged to your pre-authorised credit/debit card (or deposit fully withheld), in addition to accrued late fees.
- Payment Methods
- Hire fees are payable by credit/debit card (excluding American Express) Payment may be made PayPal (subject to an additional 3% charge) or cash on request.
- Reserving carriers for hire
- All carriers are hired out subject to availability, condition and suitability.
- Under very special circumstances only it may also be possible, subject to availability and at our discretion, to reserve a carrier to hire on a specific date and/or for a specific period time. In this instance hire fees must be paid in advance and full contact details submitted. You will be able to collect the carrier subject to when it is next available and as agreed in advance. We cannot offer guarantees for when carriers will become available, but will do the utmost to provide you with the best availability information available. If you cancel a reservation, your loan fee will not be refunded. Please contact us for more information if this is required.
- Reservation services are made available entirely at Wear My Baby’s discretion and these facilities may be withdrawn or unavailable at any time without notice, especially during peak periods.
- Condition of Carriers
- All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan and must confirm on the loan form that it is in working order.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
- Safe Use of Carriers
- ALL CARRIERS ARE EXTREMELY SAFE WHEN USED PROPERLY, HOWEVER MISUSE CAN CAUSE INJURY TO YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILD. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE CARRIER CORRECTLY AND THAT YOUR BABY OR CHILD IS SAFE AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE CARRIER. Wear My Baby cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
- Instructions for safe use of your carrier are provided via email within 24 hours of your hire, and on the specific product pages at www.wearmybaby.co.uk./shop. If, for any reason they are not supplied, it is the borrower’s responsibility to ask for a copy of the instructions.
- The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, though where there is a choice we may recommend particular carrying methods or positions.
- We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
- Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
- If you feel any pain while using the carrier, change the carrying position or remove the carrier and contact us for advice.
- Advice, demonstrations and fittings
- The best way to choose a suitable carrier to hire, and to make the most of the carrier(s) you have hired, is to get expert advice from one of Wear My Baby’s trained Babywearing Consultants, at a private consultation or small group workshop. Prices start from £15. Details can be found at https://wearmybaby.co.uk/consultations/
- Wear My Baby Consultations and Workshops: Provide parents and carers with expert teaching on baby carrying safety, comfort and positioning; Enable Wear My Baby’s consultants to make a full assessment of your carrying; needs and preferences and advise accordingly; Enable you to learn to use a number of carriers yourself, with professional support and guidance.
- Subject to in-store Consultants’ availability, the Wear My Baby team will be happy to offer advice and demonstrations in store to help you decide which carrier(s) to hire.
- Subject to in-store Consultants’ availability, we may be able to fit the carrier(s) you have hired, once payment has been made. Please note that this fitting service is available only at our discretion. During busy periods it may deemed unsafe to offer a fitting service with your child, so we may offer to fit the carrier(s) using a demonstration doll.
- Washing and Care of Carriers
- Please spot clean carriers as necessary using a gentle cleaning liquid soap, or equivalent, which is suitable for fabrics. Never use bleach or any cleaning products that contain bleach. If a carrier is returned to us soiled, marked odorous, an additional fee will be charged (see 6. Damage to Carriers).
- If spot cleaning does not adequately remove any soiling, marks or odours, then:
In the case of fabric-only wraps and slings: Please wash in the machine on a 30-degree wash with a gentle, non-bio liquid; without fabric softener; and air dry or tumble dry on low.
In the case of carriers that have any clips, buckles, rings, plastic, metal or Velcro components: please contact us for advice, as some carriers are more tolerant of repeated washing than others. We will advise you either to return the carrier to use for professional laundering; or to do up all buckles and fastenings, place inside a clean pillowcase, wash on machine on a 30-degree wash with a gentle, non-bio liquid; without fabric softener; and air dry thoroughly.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible as those that are not, and repeated washing will shorten the lifespan of the carrier.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction and we will endeavour to meet this request.
- Food, dribble and posset marks are expected when carrying children and are usually easy to spot clean before you return the carrier to us. Please keep carriers away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, bleach etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc) to avoid additional fees being charges (see 6. Damage to carriers).
- Under no circumstances is smoking permitted whilst wearing or holding the carrier, or near to the carrier.
- If there is any known damage to the carrier, please inform a member of the Boutique team, or via email as soon as you are aware of the damage.
- All carriers and accessories remain the property Wear My Baby Ltd all times, and all hiring services are subject to availability and our discretion.