This cosy outdoor parka for babywearing in winter is the perfect choice for active mothers who like to be outside with their baby on cold days, and therefore need reliable protection from bad weather. Lightweight but extremely robust, it is packed with features designed to keep you and your baby warm and dry on your adventures.
True to the Mamalila brand ethos, this babywearing jacket comes with every eco and ethical credential you could wish for. The Winter Parka takes the Mamalila commitment to sustainability to the next level with some really innovative, climate-neutral fabrics, without compromising on style.
The clever, adjustable babywearing insert quickly attaches with waterproof zips to keep your baby snug and warm in their sling or carrier, whatever the weather.
Choosing your size:
Mamalila recommend choosing your regular clothing size for this coat, checked against the measurements in the table. The babywearing panel will accommodate a carried child up to approximately 1.5-2 years old. The maternity panel is regularly used from around 7 months pregnant, but of course you can zip it in whenever it feels comfortable for you!
Please see the measurements below and do get in touch if you’d like further help choosing the right size.
KEY FEATURES OF THE MAMALILA WINTER BABYWEARING PARKA:
- 100% windproof, breathable and waterproof
- Comes with 2 insert panels, so it can quickly change from a normal jacket into a maternity jacket or a babywearing jacket
- Ideal for use with babies from newborn to 2 yrs+
- Suitable for use when carrying your baby on your front or on your back – in any sling or carrier
- Can be used when tandem carrying (one child on your front and your back), with purchase of an additional baby insert panel
- Comfortable arm/shoulder area for full freedom of movement
- Removable hood for back carrying
- Waterproof baby hood
- Oversized pockets
- Soft cuffs for windproof closure, taped seams and drawstrings to protect against drips and draughts
- Super high quality, environmentally-friendly materials
- Extra warm jacket perfect for the winter
About the Insert Panel:
- Easily zip in the baby insert panel, then your coat will fit around you both when carrying your baby in a sling
- The panel features a hood for your baby, with integrated head support for sleeping babies
- Adjustable neck protection to shelter the baby from wind and cold
- Fully zippable, so baby stays warm and dry and you don’t feel any draughts
About the Material:
- Outer fabric – 100% recycled polyester; vegan padding – 100% polyester, partly recycled; lining – 100% recycled polyester
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable
- Recycled polyester from PET bottles
Looking After the Mamalila Winter Babywearing Parka:
- Machine washable at 30 degrees on a gentle cycle. Do not use fabric softener
- Iron on a low heat after washing to refresh the water repellent coating
- After several washes, Mamalila recommends using an FC-free product to refresh the waterproofing such as TX.DIRECT SPRAY-ON®from Nikwax. The jacket should first be washed using Nikwax TECH WASH