Mamalila Women’s Softshell Babywearing Jacket
£139.90 – £169.90
The Mamalila Softshell Babywearing Jacket is utterly brilliant for everyday, for pregnancy and for babywearing.
As well as being a stylish jacket you can wear on its own, the Mamalila Softshell comes with a zip-in panel for use during pregnancy and another for when you’re using a baby carrier. It will fit over any baby carrier or wrap, and is suitable whether you’re carrying your baby on your front or back.
If you want a lightweight, waterproof, windproof babywearing jacket that you can wear all year round, you won’t find better than this.
Please see below for size guide and get in touch if you’d like further help choosing the right size.
Get notified when back in stock
This classic babywearing jacket from German brand Mamalila really is worth its weight in gold. It’s a real all-rounder: warm enough to wear in winter; breathable enough to wear in the spring; and waterproof and windproof enough to see you through those wet autumn months, too!
As with all of Mamalilas products, this babywearing jacket comes with every eco and ethical credential you could wish for. It’s feminine, lightly tailored cut makes it exceptionally flatting, whilst still being generously sized so you can carry big babies and toddler underneath it.
The clever, adjustable babywearing insert quickly attaches with waterproof zips to keep your baby snug and warm in their sling or carrier, whatever the weather. We love all the clever features of this babywearing jacket – from the anti-drip cuffs and drawstrings to the generous zip-up pockets.
Be sure to check out our Men’s All Weather Softshell Babywearing Jackets, too.
Choosing your size:
Mamalila Womens All Weather Softshell Jacket has a flattering, tailored fit.
KEY FEATURES OF THE MAMALILA WOMEN’S ALL WEATHER SOFTSHELL BABYWEARING JACKET:
- 100% windproof, breathable and water repellent, with a super light fleece lining
- Comfy and flexible Softshell fabric
- Comes with 2 insert panels, so it can quickly change from a normal jacket into a maternity jacket or a babywearing jacket
- Ideal for use with babies from newborn to 2 yrs+
- Suitable for use when carrying your baby on your front or on your back – in any sling or carrier
- Can be used when tandem carrying (one child on your front and your back), with purchase of an additional baby insert panel
- Feminine cut
- Soft arm cuffs mean no drips down your sleeves
- Ideal for use all year round
About the Insert Panel:
- Easily zip in the baby insert panel, then your coat will fit around your both when carrying your baby in a sling
- The panel features a hood for your baby, with clever poppers to keep it in place
- Hood size adjusts, so it will fit children from newborn to approx 2 years
- Adjustable neck protection to shelter the baby from wind and cold
- Fully zippable, so baby stays warm and dry and you don’t feel any drafts
About the Material:
- 3-Layer-Laminate with watertight membrane: 1st layer 94% Polyester; Membrane 100% Polyurethane; 3rd layer 100% Polyester
- The high quality, watertight membrane keeps the material waterproof and windproof
- The breathable membrane ensures any moisture and excess heat evaporates and regulates the temperature inside the jacket to make sure mother and child are comfortable
- The special structure of the Softshell material makes it feel strong and sturdy, but at the same time soft
- Slightly stretchy fabric gives a beautiful fit and makes it easy to move around in
- The light fleece lining is super soft against the skin
Looking After the Mamalila Women’s All Weather Softshell Babywearing Jacket:
- Machine washable at 40 degrees. Do not use fabric softener
- To refresh the water repellency after washing, simply put the jacket in a tumble dryer at a medium temperature setting.
- After several washes, Mamalila recommends using an FC-free product to refresh the waterproofing such as TX.DIRECT SPRAY-ON®from Nikwax. The jacket should first be washed using Nikwax TECH WASH