The Mamalila Berlin Short Babywearing Coat is the ultimate versatile coat, with a removable quilted lining. Longer than a jacket, shorter than a full-length coat, it’s the perfect in-between option.
It’s clever A-line shape will give you a great fit through your pregnancy, and fit neatly over all baby carriers, baby wraps and slings – and look great as a regular coat, too.
It’s feathery light while still being snuggly and warm, thanks to it’s high-tech fabric composition. It’s made from 100% organic cotton, paired with recycled polyester and an environmentally friendly showerproof breathable coating.
You can wear it as a light cotton coat in warmer weather, or add the padded lining for a snuggly winter jacket. This coat will keep you warm and dry – without overheating – in all kinds of weather, whether pregnant, babywearing or afterwards as a timeless wardrobe staple.
As with all Mamalila babywearing coats, the babywearing insert panel can be zipped into the front or the back of the coat, making it suitable for wearing your baby on your front or your back.
The A-line cut means your bump may well fit under the coat without the need for an additional insert, but for a bit more space during the last months of your pregnancy you can purchase an extra maternity insert panel separately.
As we’ve come to expect from the good folk at Mamalila, this coat pairs every eco credential you could want, with all the high tech features you need.
Choosing your size
Key Features of the Mamalila Berlin Short Babywearing Coat
- Super soft and environmentally friendly fabric. 100% organic cotton, paired with environmentally friendly recycled polyester membrane and coating making it fully waterproof.
- Removable, featherweight, quilted lining means you’ll be able to wear it all year round
- Windproof, breathable and water repellent
- Removable hood
- Comes with an adjustable babywearing insert panel, so it can quickly change from a normal coat into babywearing coat
- Cleverly cut to allow for a growing bump. The coat also comes with a separate pregnancy insert in case you need some extra space later in your pregnancy (available separately)
- Ideal for use with babies from newborn to 2 yrs+
- Use when carrying your baby on your front or on your back – in any sling or carrier
- Can be used when tandem carrying (one child on your front and your back), with purchase of an additional baby insert panel
- Ideal for light to average rainfall
Baby Insert Panel
- Baby insert panel has its own removable padded lining, so you can perfectly adjust the temperature for you and your baby
- Easily zip in the baby insert panel, to comfortably fit around you both when carrying your baby in a wrap or baby carrier
- Panel adjusts in 3 places, ensuring a snug fit and protecting you both from the cold and wind
- Fully zippable, so baby stays warm and dry and you don’t feel any drafts
All about the material
- Sustainably sourced 100% Organic Cotton
- Recycled Polyester
- FC-free, skin and environmentally friendly Bionic Finish Eco water repellant coating
- Breathable, PFOS/PFOA-free PU Membrane
- Machine washable at 30 degrees