This babywearing jacket from German brand Mamalila is the perfect companion for changeable weather, with so many small, considered details that elevate it beyond a simple rain jacket to something really special! The hem, sleeves and hood are all fully adjustable to keep you dry, and the taped seams and waterproof zippers won’t let any drips through.
As with all Mamalila products, this babywearing jacket comes with every eco and ethical credential you could wish for. The feminine, lightly tailored cut makes it exceptionally flatting, whilst still being generously sized so you can carry big babies and toddlers underneath it.
The clever, adjustable babywearing insert quickly attaches with waterproof zips to keep your baby snug and dry in their sling or carrier when you are caught in the rain. There is even a special popper at the top end of the baby insert which can be closed to protect against the rain, or left open so baby can lay its head directly against mum’s chest.
Be sure to check out our Mamalila Men’s Rain Jacket for Babywearing, too.
Choosing your size:
Mamalila Rain Jacket for Babywearing is tailored, but generously cut to allow for layers underneath.
KEY FEATURES OF THE MAMALILA RAIN JACKET FOR BABYWEARING:
- 100% windproof, breathable and waterproof
- Comfy and flexible fabric
- Taped seams and water resistant zippers to keep you really dry, with a two-way adjustable hood for mum that can be stowed away in the collar when not needed
- Comes with 2 insert panels, so it can quickly change from a normal jacket into a maternity jacket or a babywearing jacket
- Ideal for use with babies from newborn to 2 yrs+
- Suitable for use when carrying your baby on your front or on your back – in any sling or carrier
- Can be used when tandem carrying (one child on your front and your back), with purchase of an additional baby insert panel
- Feminine cut with a sporty look
- Soft arm cuffs mean no drips down your sleeves
- Ideal for use in changeable weather such as spring, cooler summer days or autumn
About the Insert Panel:
- Easily zip in the baby insert panel, then your coat will fit around you both when carrying your baby in a sling
- The panel features a hood for your baby, with integrated head support for sleeping babies
- Hood size adjusts, so it will fit children from newborn to approx 2 years
- Adjustable neck protection to shelter the baby from wind and cold
- Fully zippable, so baby stays warm and dry and you don’t feel any draughts
About the Material:
- 3-Layer-Laminate with watertight membrane: 1st layer 94% Polyester 6% Spandex; Membrane 100% Polyurethane; 3rd layer 100% Polyester
- The high quality, watertight membrane keeps the material waterproof and windproof
- The breathable membrane ensures any moisture and excess heat evaporates and regulates the temperature inside the jacket to make sure mother and child are comfortable
- Slightly stretchy fabric gives a beautiful fit and makes it easy to move around in
Looking After the Mamalila Rain Jacket for Babywearing:
- Machine washable at 30 degrees. Do not use fabric softener
- To refresh the water repellency after washing, Mamalila recommend ironing lightly on level 1
- After 4-5 washes, Mamalila recommend using an FC-free product to refresh the waterproofing such as TX.DIRECT SPRAY-ON®from Nikwax. The jacket should first be washed using Nikwax TECH WASH