Ergobaby Omni baby carriers are our all-time bestsellers. Tried, tested, and trusted, they are THE choice for many new parents looking for a long-lasting carrier. Their ergonomic design and bucket-shaped seat for baby makes them the comfiest carrier on the market for carrying your baby in an outwards facing position.
We love the Ergobaby Omni 360 and the more breathable mesh version, the Ergobaby Omni 360 Cool Air Mesh. This year Ergobaby released the latest version of the Omni, the Ergobaby Omni Breeze. So how does it compare to the other Omnis? We’ve been putting it through its paces with our team of expert carrying Consultants – and the families we work with.
Here’s what you need to know…
NEW Ergobaby Omni Breeze
The lastest model of the bestselling Ergobaby Omni 360.
This super-breathable version features soft, flexible mesh fabric to keep you and your baby cool in hot weather. It has all the same features and functions as the ever-popular Ergobaby Omni 360 Cool Air Mesh, but extra streamlined with a softer fabric panel.
Suitable for front carrying, back carrying and outward-facing carrying.
HOW IS THE BREEZE DIFFERENT TO THE ERGOBABY OMNI 360 AND THE ERGOBABY OMNI 360 COOL AIR MESH?
The Breeze has basically all the same features and functions as the other two Omni baby carriers. It’s almost identical to the Ergobaby Omni 360 Cool Air Mesh.BUT it has a few subtle improvements:
- Made from SoftFlex fabric, so the whole carrier feels slightly softer and lighter, while still being breathable for baby
- Body panel has a more streamlined shape, making it look and feel a little neater
- Less bulky, more contoured shoulder straps are sewn at a slightly different angle, offering a better fit for petite mums who may otherwise struggle with the bulk and heftiness of the other Omnis
- These contoured straps also stop them from eating/digging into your armpits, especially for broader and curvier parents
- Subtle reflective safety strips on the front and back of the carrier
- Additional side pockets integrated into the waistband
- Not many! I’m kind of splitting hairs here as its an awesome carrier, but in the interest of balance…
- The Omni Breeze works FRACTIONALLY less well than the other Omnis IFyou’re wearing it with crossed (‘X’) straps. Thats because (a) some people need two hands to undo the new safety buckles that connect the straps to the body panel; and as the shoulder straps are more contoured, they may not side quite as neatly accross your back. For most people, neither of these things will be a big deal.
- When worn in outwards facing mode (4-10months), the bucket shaped seat is SLIGHTLY less deep, meaning that VERY chunky babies may be – again, very slightly – better supported in the Ergobaby Omni 360 Cool Air Mesh.
SO OVERALL, IS IT A BETTER CARRIER THAN THE OTHER ERGOBABY OMNIS?
Yes, but only slightly! Very petite and plus-size parents are likely to benefit most from the new improved design.
ERGOBABY OMNI BREEZE IS ADJUSTABLE FROM NEWBORN
The adjustable body panel means the Ergobaby Omni Breeze doesn’t need the thick, clunky newborn insert of the older 360 models. It is safety tested as suitable from 7lbs (3.2kg). But like most buckled carriers, you’ll get a more optimum fit once your baby is around 9lbs+, or once the body panel comes no higher than the bottom of your baby’s ears. The Breeze is therefore likely to give an optimum fit somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks old.
Top tip: For babies who are only a few weeks old, you’ll need to ensure you’re wearing the waistband high up on your torso, with your baby’s bottom seated in the bucket-shaped base of the carrier – otherwise the body panel will feel too big for them
Remember, here at Wear My Baby we offer a free video fit check with every carrier purchase. So we can make sure you and your baby are safe, comfortable and confident!
IT WILL LAST YOU UNTIL YOUR LITTLE ONE IS 1.5 TO 2 YEARS OLD
The Omni 360’s body panel gets wider (adjusting with the clever Velcro tabs on the inside of the waistband) and taller (using the top set of buttons). This means will last until your baby is at least 1.5 to 2 years old – and you could get away with carrying a petite 3 yr old in it too, albeit for short periods only!
It’s safety tested all the way to 45lbs (20kg) – that’s 5kg more than the other Omni carriers – but remember a comfy fit is determined by baby’s height, your shape, and both of your carrying preferences, rather than just your baby or toddlers’ weight. As all the Omnis have essentially the same size body panel, we’d say they’re all realistically best up to 2yrs max.
THE OMNI BREEZE HAS AN OUTWARDS FACING (‘WORLD FACING’) OPTION
Like all the Omnis, you can carry your baby outwards facing in the Breeze. But babies should only be carried in this position once they have full head and neck control and some upper body control, usually a minimum of 4 months. Many parents enjoy having their baby facing outwards, but remember this outwards position isn’t essential: Babies are well able to look around in a parent-facing carrier, especially if one or both of their arms are above the top of the carrier allowing them greater freedom of movement and wider field of vision.
Pushing together the plastic sliders on the front of the carrier will narrow the carrier and create a better, tilted seat position to support your baby when outwards facing. These buttons are very discreet so are often overlooked! (Leave them on their wider setting when your baby is facing you).
- NEW Ergobaby Omni Breeze£174.90
ALL THE CLEVER BITS
The extra-wide integrated lumbar support pad will give some relief to wearers with lower back issues. The removable zip-up pouch on the waistband is big enough to store your keys, phone and wallet; plus there are two handy hidden extra pockets built into the side pockets (perfect size for your face mask!) There’s also clever wind- and sun-proof sleep hood, tucked away into a zip-up pocket, which simply poppers onto the shoulder straps; ideal for naptimes and blustery days.
WHICH EXTRAS ARE WORTH BUYING?
We strongly recommend the extra Drool Pad to stop any rubbing on your baby’s face, especially when they’re teething – and to protect the carrier from dribble and cut down on your laundry! The pop-on raincover is super helpful extra if you don’t have a babywearing coat.
The Ergobaby Omni Breeze, £174.90 , is available now from our online store with a FREE VIDEO FITTING SERVICE and at our London Boutique in a range of colours. You can also try before you buy with our Sling Hire Service.
Need more baby carrier advice? Book a Video Consultation or contact our expert team at email@example.com / 0345 222 9004.